YES, I usually love this time of year. It isn't that I don't love it this year, but things are a little different. Traditions that we have been doing for the past seven years are different this year and I will tell you why.
Having a brand new baby in this season is great, but at the same time very difficult. Holiday shopping has proven to almost be the end of me. I have had to take many shopping trips with two or three kids, and still hide presents:) This in itself is problematic, but on top of that I am trying to keep kids healthy especially the new one. This is extremely hard because we have one in school. When she comes home she has to change and wash up, but still. Unfortunately he has gotten some sort of bug and I am just praying that it doesn't get worse. I am up all night with him and trying to make the best of things, but it is hard. I have been trying to keep him in the living room when he is having his fits so that when Matt is sleeping he can sleep. Matt, of course, is in finals this week and cannot wait until Friday at five when this semester is finally over and done. This is why he needs sleep when he can make it home. He isn't home yet tonight and he may not make it.
Tree: I feel like we missed out on getting our tree this year. We usually get it at Thanksgiving with my dad, whether we had Thanksgiving there or if we came from Matt's family. This year it did not happen. With the new baby we didn't go anywhere. We stayed home. Matt also had projects he needed to work on. So, we weren't able to go get the tree, but thanks to my dad, he brought us one up. The good thing is that it is up and was decorated with love by two of our kids. Really I didn't put the decorations on nor did they all get on.
Christmas Cards: Usually I have them out by now but oh no. It hasn't happen. I don't even have them. Unfortunately it may not happen this year. I am trying.
Family Pictures: We wanted to wait until the baby was born and since then we have been trying. I guess I will just have to get out the camera and do it myself. This may happen later than sooner:(
Temple Square: Since we have lived here we have tried to go every year. It usually is a success. This year I don't think it will happen. I think that we will try to take a drive by and look at the lights, but I don't think that we will be walking around.
Santa Claus: We usually have sat on his lap and the kids have told him their one request. Well, it hasn't happened yet. We went to the Coy's school to a Christmas party tonight, but in the end we left and gave up waiting for Santa. This was the worst Christmas party ever. I could go on about it but I will spare you. This is the goal for the rest of the week.
Basketball: Both kids are playing basketball which is great. I am coaching Bridger's team which is kind of hard with the new baby, but we are managing. I maybe shouldn't have taken this on yet but I did.
Christmas lights: Not happening. Sorry:( I just realize I cannot do it all. I feel bad because the kiddos really wanted them but I can't see it happening.
Treats for friends: May or may not happen.
House: Still for sell. Have had some showings which is hard because everything has to be in order, but I know that it has to be done. It is hard leaving and trying to find some place to go while there is a showing appointment. I am trying to be patient, but I can't wait until it is done. Not only are we showing the house, but also the trailer which has its own appointments.
Jobs: We are still trying to figure out where we will be in six months. We will be visiting some places come January and we will see what comes of that. I think this is one reason why this season has been so difficult because I know that we probably won't be in Utah during this time for the next few years. I am understanding that things are going to be extremely different and I just don't want to have our kids miss out on anything. I have been feeling really guilty on being able to do more. This is when I try to do too much and things are just not happening.
I guess that I am just a little overwhelmed and that the need to vent a little needs to happen. I don't know how all of these super moms do it. How do you get dinner on the table, kids homework done, baby fed (since I am the only one who can do that), diapers changed, dishes done, laundry done, kids bathed. grocery shopping done, holiday shopping done, and keep the house tidy and clean? I am lucky when part of the list gets done and even then I have to choose the most important things. I just count my blessings when I get us all up, fed, dressed, and out the door in the morning to get Coy to school on time. Maybe I need a time management class or maybe I should not be sitting here blogging but I am doing it while trying to keep a baby sleeping that should count for something, Right?!
1 comment:
JENNY! You are doing great! You sound like a wonderful mother! It's hard to realize you are not superwoman and that the Christmas Lights aren't gonna make it...not a big deal, you are doing the most important thing-being an awesome mom.
Yes, what were you thinking when you signed up to coach? You're crazy!
Start some new traditions and count yourself blessed! Maybe you could throw some lights up in the window! :)
Love ya! Post some pics of Taft!
Post a Comment