If someone would have told me that today would have been "one of those days", I am not sure what I would have done.
This morning while I was saying my own morning prayers and trying to will myself to want to shower, I remember having the feeling that I should ask for more patients today and to be able to stay calm. We had to get up earlier than normal and all four of us had to be dressed this morning because it was breakfast with Santa at the school. Taft had been up all night. He was throwing up yesterday and had thrown up around midnight. (He is fine. This happens every time two weeks after he gets his shots. Well, this was his two week mark.) He was pretty happy when he got woke up this morning and all was going pretty good. I felt the impression to have my kids eat something small, because I never know what they will eat at events like this. We were a little later than I was hoping but all was good. (Note: Patients was already kicking in) We got in the truck and headed for the school. On the way there I thought that I should tell my kids that if there was not enough time to do the craft that we would just take it home. I also told them that they had already sat on Santa's lap once and so if we didn't get to that it was OK. (I have to give Bridger lots of heads up because sometimes when plans change he is not OK with it.) I wasn't sure what to expect.
Here is the events that followed that talk:
~Got to school all was well...GREAT
~Got tickets and went right through the food line (most had already gotten their food and we beat the buses there)... GREAT
~Found a seat... GREAT
~Taft started fussing but still was OK...GOOD
~Kids ate pretty well, but glad I gave them something else before we left the house....GREAT
~Couldn't find craft. Kids a little bummed.... Not so Good
~Found Craft and kids were happy! GREAT
~Kids started craft and Taft really started fussing. OK, I am dealing.
~Looked at the long line for Santa....Not great but kids are OK if we don't do it:)
~Helping Bridger with his picture frame when Taft decided to start throwing up.(luckily it was only liquids, but still) HORRIBLE
~Think Jenny......what are you going to do? QUESTIONING
~I hurried and threw off my coat which was covered. A lady came over while I was figuring this all out. She really tried to help. She held Taft while I took off my coat. YEAH I wore a short sleeved shirt....vomit didn't get on it but I knew it would be cold out.
~I luckily put a jacket under Taft's coat. Took off his outside coat which was also covered.
~Found a janitor that felt so bad, but was so nice to clean it up...SORRY
~Threw kids crafts in their backpacks and said that we would finish them at home. GLAD that we had discussed that.
~Told the kids that I had to leave and sent them to class. I have GREAT kids.
~BUT THE BEST was that while all of this was happening a kid at the table was saying how gross this was. He was going on and on. I was just ignoring him since I had bigger problems, but Jacoy said to him, "He is my little brother and he must not feel good. If you didn't feel good you would probably throw up too." The boy started to reply and Bridger said, "He is my BROTHER and it doesn't matter."
I LOVE MY KIDS and we SURVIVED!
No comments:
Post a Comment