I was able to spend most of the day with the kids today and boy did I ever learn a lot. This is what I learned....
That our legs are longer than our arms:o)
Jacoy was giving Bridger a "horsey ride" on her back when she decided to stretch her legs up straight. Bridger of course slide down her back and over her head. Jacoy sat up and said "Whoa I didn't know that my legs were longer than my arms," and then she explain that was the reason why Bridger must have fallen off.
I learned that I should keep Bridger:)
Bridger and I had gone to the store and they had a sticker machine on the way out the door that he wanted a sticker from. (Bridger and Jacoy had each gotten one from the machine almost 2 months ago) It is rare for me to have quarters and hardly ever four but today I had two and so I let him have one for his special treat. He opened it up and it was a Minnie Mouse sticker and he said, "Mom, I am going to save this and give it to sissy. She really likes Minnie Mouse." (She wanted one the first time but got something else) So, I said, "you are such a nice brother." He replied, "Thanks. So does that mean that you will keep me?" I laughed and asked him what else would I do but keep you.
I also learned that if you want the tooth fairy to come then you should kiss a boy if you are a girl and a girl if you are a boy.
This was the conversation I listened to as the kids were preparing for one of Jacoy's kindergarten friends to come over before school today.
Bridger: "I love Gretel (the friend)"
Jacoy: "If you love her you have to kiss her."
Bridger: "I just love her."
Jacoy: "Then you will have to kis her and your teeth will fall out."
Bridger: "I don't want my teeth to fall out."
Jacoy: "Dad said that if I kiss a boy then I will lose my teeth. So, if you kiss a girl you will lose your teeth."
Bridger: comes running in to find me and says "mom give me a kiss, but I don't want my teth to fall out."
Mom: "Bridger mom's kisses won't make your teeth fall out."
Bridger runs back into find sissy.
Jacoy: "My friend at school has a loose tooth and said when he loses his tooth the tooth fairy will come."
Bridger: "I don't want to lose my teeth"
Jacoy: "I do. I think I will kiss a boy at school today."
Bridger then kisses Jacoy and checks to see if all of his teeth are there and then says, "See sissy I still have all of my teeth."
Then Grandma LeeAnn talks to Coy and tells her that she might get kicked out of school for kissing boys.
Then mom talks to Coy and Coy still wants to kiss a boy. I had to explain that if she kisses boys at school then she won't get to go back to school with all of her friends and that next year she will have to go back and do Kindergarten all over again. Finally she consents that she won't kiss any boys because she wants to go to school.
Did I mention she is only 5 not 25?!
The things I learn as a mother, but what a great day it was!
1 comment:
Your kids are so cute and funny. They make me laugh. We hope you guys are doing great!!! Love the Otterstroms
Post a Comment