Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The newest member.....

Here is the only Pregnancy picture that I will post. We had just checked into the hospital and I was getting ready to change into the lovely hospital wear, but we had to get one last picture. It is funny how things can change so fast....

We welcomed Taft William into our family on November 10, 2009.
He weighed 7 lbs 1 oz, and was 20 inches.

The Labor and Delivery went well without any major complications, which I was glad. Our only hold up was that when they broke my water, Taft decided to stick his arm out. He was planning on coming out hand first. So, every time they would come and check my progress, he would grab their fingers. This just caused labor to go a little bit longer then expected. But in the end it was well worth the wait.

Because the kids were not able to come into the hospital (dang swine flu) we wanted them to still see what he looked like. So, when Grandpa brought them to the hospital, Matt met them outside with the camera so that they could see him. They were very excited. Bridger wasn't so excited that he couldn't see mom, since he is my buddy, but we talked them into letting us go home the next day.
So, when they gave us the go to go home we packed up our stuff at the hospital, called Grandma to meet us in the front, and then were out of there. We didn't waste anytime. But I did accidently pack the camera. When we got outside Bridger was a little nervous and excited. He couldn't hold his hands still. We got in the car and Taft had them each a little present. (I did this knowing that they needed a way to connect this whole experience together) Bridger was excited and couldn't believe that Taft knew that he like Optimus Prime. Jacoy later asked me if I had something to do with the presents. Bridger sang "Hush little baby, go to sleep" over and over all the way home to him.
Finally we were home and pictures were taken. Both wanted to hold him before we were in the door.


Of course Dad needed to give kisses to him too.
I said pictures happened. Well, they happened all night. Jacoy had Grandma's camera and Bridger had mine and look what happens...

I need to get the one from my mom so you can see the other kids view. Bridger took so many of his fingers (because they just kept getting in the way) that the batteries went dead. The only other one that you could really see was this one of the carseat. There were many pictures that night.


I am so glad that he has made it here and is healthy and a really good baby.
We love you Taft!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma is glad little Taft joined the family too... love you all!