Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Where did October go???

Anniversary...
Matt and I celebrated our 7th anniversary in October. We were blessed to have some great friends take our kids for a couple of hours that night and allow us to go out to dinner. Thank you Tyson and Mandy! We were able to just spend some time talking about the past seven years and this upcoming year. SO, many changes are happening and will be happening in the next six months. It was a wonderful night and a great dinner that I was able to spend with my best friend. He is the best. I love you Matt and I am glad you are my eternal companion.
Halloween Cookies.....

Yes, all of these cookies were made by these two cute kids. We had planned on making them and over a two day span it happened. Did I mention that I was getting extremely tired easy. We baked the cookies the night before we decorated them. Then when Coy came home from school it was time to decorate. They were fabulous!

Halloween at the Union.....

Jacoy wanted her picture by the princess.....and after she sang two songs to her Jacoy was ready to give up on having the picture taken. I wished I had a picture of her watching her sing. Let's just say she wasn't so impressed. Sorry princess. In fact that night she changed who her favorite princess was and so it is no longer Belle. I thought I had more pictures of this day but apparently I wasn't in the picture taking mood. The kids had a blast though. They went trick-or-treating through the Union, watched a magic show, played games, and even painted pumpkins. It was fun and sad to say the last time we will be doing that. I think this was our third year:( This was the only trick-or-treating we did this year.

Pumpkin Carving....

Every year I think this gets put off until the last minute. Not always by choice, but because of time. This year the kids drew their own faces on the pumpkins 100% and then told their Dad to carve them. He had his work cut out for him this year. Jacoy wanted one perfect circle for one eye. So, my creative husband got out his drill. Hey, it worked and that eye looked great.

Bridger still does not like touching the guts of the pumpkin. It was so bad that he was gagging. Matt of course had to video tape him and if I knew how to put that on here I would. It is pretty funny listening to him tell his Dad how bad it is. I am not sure if we will ever grow out of this, but fingers are crossed!

The finished and glowing pumpkins. They did a wonderful job and so did Matt following there lines. What great pumpkins.

Finally Halloween...

Grandma LeeAnn bought them their costumes. Jacoy wanted to be a witch and Bridger wanted to be Mario. Matt and I were talking Bridger out of being Mario when Grandma sent him the costume in the mail.
Here is Mario, mustache and all.


Of course here is our green witch. She had a Halloween parade at school that Bridger and I were also able to attend. Halloween night we just stayed home and popped popcorn and watched movies all night.

We were going to try and do something fun during the day but it ended up being that we had to replace the fuel pump in our truck. That was what we had to get done that day. Matt had to take the bed off the truck and make a couple of runs to get parts but by the day end it was done and working great. By the way fuel pumps are expensive and so I don't recommend having one go out. I guess October wanted to leave us with a BaNg! And it did.

No comments: