Friday, January 14, 2011

Bridger Wrestling

This is the whole team at least that was there that day.

What can I say about wrestling except that this kid tries so hard and usually always has a smile on his face:0) I am so proud of him. He hasn't actually won one but he has wrestled five people so far and has only been pinned twice. I don't think that is too bad. He puts up a fight everytime. The first time he was pinned, the kid he wrestled was actually a second grader. That really makes a big difference when this is Bridger's first year. (By the way he came out of this match crying because he said his side hurt. I took a look and the kid had been pinching him. He had little bruises all over his side. Some kids are brutal. Did I ever mention how big sports is out here;)

The second time was at a tournament and the kid was ten pounds more than him and a grade older. Again, age and size makes a difference. But at that same tournament he had to wrestle a kid from his team that is slightly heavier and in his second year, and the kid could not get Bridger pinned no matter how hard he tried. (This kid is one of the better ones) I am so proud of him and how hard he tries. I think he has improved so much in such a short time. Maybe by the end of the season he will win one;) There is hope.

By the way every time he goes out their I get knots in my stomache and feel like I am going to burst. Is that normal? I am not so sure that kids starting out at a young age to play sports is such a great thing for a mothers health.
Look at these moves;0)

Yes that is Bridger on TOP!


Check out that SMILE!

No comments: