Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Graduation, Field Trips, and Adnoids

Yes, I finally am done with school!!!!!! I was able to get my BS in Early Childhood Education this past May. I did not walk for reasons beyond my control. I just could not sit there for that long. I wish that I could have, but it was not in the cards. I am glad to be done. I was planning on teaching in a school this next year, but again plans have changed. All is well, the Lord just has a better plan for us:)


Bridger and I were able to join Jacoy at one of her field trips. It was at Tracy Aviary. It was a very hot day, but it was fun. She has been going on field trips every Friday for the past four weeks. She went to the Planetarium, Red Butte Gardens, This Is The Place (or as she called it "Here We Are", that is what she told her dad she visited), and the Tracy Aviary.

Then in the middle of all of this I found out that Bridger needed to have his adnoids taken out. This was an adventure. They said that he would be tired and that I should keep him in the house for a week. For the first three days he bounced off the wall. He had so much energy. They said that it was a reaction from the anesthesia. In fact when he was coming out of it they had to call me back sooner than they thought so that I could try to control him because he was getting off the bed and leaving with all of the cords still hooked to him. The nurse told him that if he drank his slushy that he could go home, and he said "how about this I will take it with me and drink it at home, I promise." She then said how about you only have to drink half. He replied, "Only if you take these cords off of me." He is quite the negotiator. He got his way and we were soon on our way out of the hospital. I was told to feed him clear liquids for the first couple of hours until he wanted something. Oh, no in the first half hour from the hospital he finished his drink, had a milkshake, ate chicken nuggets, ate two pieces of bread, and there were about five other things. I thought for sure that he was going to up chuck all of that, but he told me that he was just so hungry.

He is doing great! He is the quietest sleeper ever. He isn't a mouth breather anymore. BUT he is now dreaming and for two weeks he hasn't slept through the night until last night. They don't think that he has ever had dreams until now because he had such horrible sleep.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Congratulations on finishing school. That is some feat. I really am proud of you.

Steph said...

Yay, you got caught up on your blog!! It's nice when life slows down for you to breathe a little. Congrats on finishing school! I didn't realize what you were studying-that's awesome! Looking forward to more posts!