Yes, I of all people got called to Jury Duty. I really don't think that it would have been so bad except that it was during Coy's first week of school. She started school on a Tuesday, and Sunday night I found out that I had to report for duty. I did not know what I was going to do. We called around and found out that Matt's mom was working Sunday night and so instead of driving home she came up to our house. Thank you Vicki!
So I got to the courthouse and sat. I sat and sat forever. Then they came in and told us that they were taking roll and then they said because we had to come in there that day that we were good for our Jury duty for the next two years:0) YEAH! But then we had to go in while they pulled the jury. 9 people didn't show up to begin with, and then they said that they were starting the trial that day and that the juries who had to stay would need to be there for the next two days. I was so worried that I would get chosen and wouldn't be able to take Coy to her first day of school. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Matt had started school at 7:00 that morning. He has class at that time every day. So, he wouldn't be able to take her either. BUT then they said what the trial was about and one of the charges the man was facing was beating a pregnant women.....hmmm. I think that is why I got off. I was glad, but there were some that were crying and upset that they did not get chosen. That was weird. I know that it is our civic duty but to cry about not getting chosen was strange.
No comments:
Post a Comment