The Library here has a fun summer reading program. You get a paper to mark off everytime that you read. After every 18 times you get to take it back to the library and they give you a prize. We did it last year for the first time and our kids loved it. They would have me read to them all day long, if I would. So, when they knew summer was coming they wanted to go to the library and see if they had the papers yet. This summer it was a Super Hero theme. They got magic kits, sticky spider webs, ring suckers, and many more things.
The great thing was that this year it was a little different around our house. I would hear the kids talking about reading and wanting to mark more off, and then I would hear Jacoy reading to Bridger. It was wonderful. They were always reading together. They finished many Jack and Annie books together, plus many others. I am so proud of them. We finished just in time. This picture is of them turning in their papers to get their last prize.
Great Job! I love you both so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment